[Radiance-general] Acad2004 Exporters?

Rob Guglielmetti rpg at rumblestrip.org
Thu Sep 7 18:02:01 CEST 2006

Jack de Valpine wrote:

Hi Jack, Hi List:
My name is Rob, and I'm an AutoCAD User.  (Hi Rob!)

Jack, you posted some good info there, glad to hear Polytrans is working
(sort of) for you.  I'm looking for a DWG --> OBJ translator myself, as
I'm building an object library here and would like to start using the
mesh primitive for more drapey surfaces like sofa cushions and the like.

I've been using AutoCAD for 13 years now, and I love it, but I hate the
forced upgrades and the extra translation hoops we have to go through,
especially as the smaller developers cannot keep up with the changes.
Rayfront is in this unfortunate situation now.  We still have a couple
of licenses for ACAD2000 (the most recent version that Rayfront and
radout work with), but the daylighting team has grown in size here and
so now we are forced to compete for licenses as we try to get our models
into Rayfront.  Maybe we'll look at some of the programs you've
mentioned as alternatives.  Thanks, Jack!

- Rob