[Radiance-general] aspect ratio problem

iebele info at iebele.nl
Thu Sep 7 11:40:21 CEST 2006

Hi ,

I render for PAL anamorphic ( 16:9 - 720x576 ) video.
I use option -pa 1.42  in both rpict and pfilt for setting the proper
aspect ratio. The output resolution is 720x576.
The resulting image indicates (using getinfo) an aspect ratio 1.42 as
expected.
But  the result of a radiance image converted using ra_tiff  seems to be
a tiff file with square pixels (aspect ration 1:1).

When I import such a tiff image into a video editing program (final cut
pro) I get a black borders left and right of the image (the image does
not fill the entire video screen).
What am I doing wrong here ??

-Iebele