[Radiance-general] Radiance documentation organization

iebele info at iebele.nl
Wed Oct 25 16:09:01 CEST 2006

Hi Greg

> Thinking about it for a bit, I opted for a functional organization
> over an application-based hierarchy, simply because so many tools and
> techniques are common to different applications,

I think a functional organization fits the need of the user most,
indeed. Applications and tutorials might be added to the end of the
list, just for those who want to browse through them, which can be very
learnfull for both beginners and experienced users.
Every search in the tree will end in some article. If just each article
will end with related tutorials and applications, that in itself is a
way of organizing tutorials and applications.

What might be added is an Installation chapter, which covers also
different platforms, different shells and additional software
developments like radzilla.

I don't know what you exectly have in mind, but as you say : "help,
please!", using wikipedia  (there already is a small wiki about Radiance
software) might be an option to have lots of us working on the same
documentation. If those who now are active in this mailinglist spent
just some time in writing articles and updating hyperlinks now and then,
then over some years a real nice documentation will be just there.
Wikipedia also has an option for creating Wiki-books as pdf.

Iebele