[Radiance-general] 3.8 Falsecolor Scale

Gregory J. Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 22:30:43 CET 2006

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your feedback.  In retrospect, it would have been smart to
add an option to get back the old color scale, and I can work on
adding one.  In the meantime, you can alias your falsecolor to:

	falsecolor -r '1.6*v-.6' -g 'if(v-.375,1.6-1.6*v,8/3*v)' -b '1-8/3*v'

to get back the old scale.  Easier might be to uncomment lines 14-16
in your falsecolor script and comment (or remove) lines 17-19.

If anyone has references to a preferred scale that runs through at
least 8 named colors on a natural-appearing scale, I'd love to hear
about it.

Cheers,
-Greg