[Radiance-general] under water light fixtures

Reinhart, Christoph Christoph.Reinhart at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Mon Nov 6 20:25:06 CET 2006

Dear Radiance colleagues:

One of my students is interested in modeling an under-water light
fixture for a swimming pool in Radiance. I have modeled a water surface
in the past, but I am not sure how to model light traveling through
water. I vaguely recall hearing that to do so one must model the water
volume as a dielectric. Could anybody explain to me how this is done? An
example file would be very much appreciated.

Christoph
Christoph Reinhart, Ph.D.
Associate Research Officer                      National Research
Council Canada          Institute for Research in Construction
Adjunct Professor                                     McGill University
School of Architecture
1200 Montreal Road M-24, Ottawa          Ontario K1A 0R6, Canada
tel: (613) 993-9703                                  fax: (613) 954 3733
christoph.reinhart at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
<blocked::mailto:christoph.reinhart at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca>

Lightswitch Wizard (initial design)            www.buildwiz.com
<blocked::http://www.buildwiz.com/>