[Radiance-general] Anisotropic Roughness Vector Alignment

Gregory J. Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 02:41:06 CET 2006

Hi Marcus,

A radial anisotropy is one of the easiest types to generate.  The
values for the vector [ux uy uz] are variables for a reason.  These
can be set to [(Px-xcent) (Py-ycent) 0] for a clock face in the x-y
plane, which may be rotated and moved wherever you like afterwards.
To make things even simpler, we can assume [xcent ycent] == [0 0] and
use:

void metal2 brushed_around
4 Px Py 0 .
0
6 .5 .5 .5 .9 .03 .12

brushed_around ring shiny_face
0
0
8
	0	0	0
	0	0	1
	0	2

Using xform, you can then move the surface into position.

-Greg