[Radiance-general] Anisotropic Roughness Vector Alignment

Marcus Jacobs marcdevon at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 4 01:47:19 CET 2006

Dear Group,

I have a question concerning anisotropic roughness vector alignment.
Specifically I would like to know is there anyway to correlate the u and v
mapping values to a desired roughness vector. Here is an example what I am
attempting to simulate (see photo below)

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d178/marcdevon/100_0050.jpg

You can see how the brush strokes follow the base of the clock
circumferentially. Ideally, if one were to model the same object, one
roughness vector value would align itself around the clock base. The other
value would be in the radial direction. For an object such as this, I can
model the object such that the image map will align around itself in a
similar manner (see image below):

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d178/marcdevon/ring01_render.jpg

Since I can align a texture in the direction that I want, I was wondering if
there is I can translate the uv coordinates in a manner that could be used
for specifying the anisotropic roughness values.

Please let me know if I do not make sense. Sometimes I have been known to
confuse myself :>)

Thanks,

Marcus