[Radiance-general] another water question

Kirk Thibault kthibault at biomechanicsinc.com
Thu May 25 19:36:43 CEST 2006

If you go for frame-by-frame animation, Blender has simple fluid
behavior built into its 2.41 release.  You can specify a mesh to be
fluid (for example a cube of fluid) and bound by another mesh (say a
box containing the water).  You can specify sources and sinks and
objects with which the fluid should interact.  set up the scene you
want and Blender will generate a new mesh model for each frame of the
animation, which you can export as obj and then obj2mesh or obj2rad
each model (each frame).  This goes for all of the objects/meshes in
your scene, so you could do the modeling and simulation in Blender
and then render in Radiance.  A simple script could insert the water
material modifier into each model, etc.

Kirk L. Thibault, Ph.D.
kthibault at biomechanicsinc.com

p.  215.271.7720