[Radiance-general] Art work surface

Fitzsimmons, Rob rob.fitzsimmons at Summit.Fiserv.com
Thu May 25 19:11:21 CEST 2006

Hello All,

We are remodeling our house to add an art studio,
and I wanted to poll this list of experts.
What are recommended light levels and glare tolerances for creating artwork?

After a brief search, I'm guessing 400 lux?
I would be using both horizontal and vertical work surfaces

How about glare threshold?
In any given view, would it be 7 times the average luminance level?
"Findglare normally identifies glare sources as directions that are
brighter than 7 times the average luminance level."

I'm thinking of using skylights with a diffusion layer - as was posted
sometime back on this list

thanks in advance!

Rob F