[Radiance-general] [Help] Problem with ximage in 7.3.2

Itzinger, Oskar oitzinger at opec.org
Wed May 24 12:12:55 CEST 2006

Greg,

sorry if I sounded too complicated. What I meant is simply:

I have two machines,

A. SGI INDIGO2, IRIX 6.5.22, MipsPro 7.4.2 compiler, "Extreme"
   graphics

B. SGI FUEL, IRIX 6.5.28, MipsPro 7.4.4 compiler, "VPro12"
   graphics

Now, after re-compilation on A and B respectively, I have on

A. Radiance 3.1.11: ximage displays pics *ok" color-wise
   Radiance 3.7.2: ximage displays pics *ok* color-wise

B: Radiance 3.1.11: ximage displays pics *ok* color-wise
   Radiance 3.7.2: ximage displays pics *wrongly* color-wise

Perhaps something in the way X visuals are selected changed from
3.1 to 3.7 [my default on B is an 8-bit PseudoColor visual - but
I could alter that to something else if necessary].

Maybe it helps if I recompile 3.7.2 on B with -DDEBUG to see
which visuals are recognized and which one is finally selected in
x11image.c?

BTW, running "rmake ximage" in ray/sr/px didn't change any...

Thanks.
/oskar

> Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 06:20:20 -0700
> From: "Gregory J. Ward" <gregoryjward at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Radiance-general] [Help] Problem with ximage in 7.3.2
> To: Radiance general discussion <radiance-general at radiance-online.org>
>

> > However, as my original ximage problem was still there
> > [skip]
>
> I wish I could follow what you just said.  What do you get if you cd
> to ray/src/px and just run "rmake ximage" there?

DISCLAIMER

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed and may be legally privileged and/or confidential. Any unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this e-mail or any of its attachment(s) by unintended recipient may be unlawful and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by e-mail and permanently delete the original e-mail and attachment(s) from your computer system.

Any opinions contained in this message are those of the author and are not given or endorsed by OPEC, unless otherwise clearly indicated in the message, and the authority of the author to so bind OPEC is duly verified. OPEC does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information contained in the e-mail content transmitted over the Internet.

Thank you for your cooperation.