[Radiance-general] New member

Gregory J. Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Thu May 18 18:32:19 CEST 2006

Actually, this is less true than it used to be.  Even for highly
reflective, enclosed scenes, Radiance 3.7R2 with Russian-roulette
enabled (-lr -20 or so) and no irradiance caching (-aa 0), you can
generate many bounces to get a converged result.

Of course, you are better off with a zonal cavity approximation at
that point!

-Greg

P.S.  You should seriously consider picking up a copy of "Rendering
with Radiance" from BookSurge.com <http://www.booksurge.com/
product.php3?bookID=IMPR02587-00002>.  It will make your life easier,
and I'm not just saying that because it makes me money.  (Actually, I
don't think I've gotten any money from this yet -- where's Chas?)