[Radiance-general] Radiance and Ecotect

Nick Devlin nickd at xco2.com
Wed May 10 12:13:23 CEST 2006

Nick,

John's recommendations are on the nose. It took me a while to come to the
same conclusions, but using Optic to create the .rad description for the
glazing is the simplest way to go. You just need to be certain that Optic is
providing the description for your complete window build-up. I vaguely
remember recent posts regarding Optic and this topic.

Given the calculation speed, and greater transparency of the settings using
radiance, I gave up on using Ecotects internal calcs a long time ago. With a
minimum of tweaks, you can also get Radiance to do VSC or Sky component
calcs too.

Hope that is useful

Nickd

Message: 2