[Radiance-general] rtrace seg fault

Gregory J. Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 19:18:49 CET 2006

Hi Dave,

This appears to be a glibc internal error (consistency check), which
indicates a bug in the malloc library on your system.  I don't think
there's much I can do about it if that's the case.  If someone has a
copy of the malloc.c module from glibc, I can take a look to see
exactly where this check is happening, but that still doesn't give me
much chance of fixing the problem if I can't reproduce it on my
system.  There's nothing particularly funny or strange about my use
of realloc() in rtcontrib.

The only possibility I can think of is that I'm passing an invalid
pointer to realloc(), which is somehow generating this error rather
than the expected one.  I checked my code, though, and I can't see
how this could happen.

-Greg