[Radiance-general] lighting fixtures data

william reynolds william.reynolds at oriel.ox.ac.uk
Mon Mar 6 16:01:41 CET 2006

greg
thanks for the suggestion for the mapping.
i'm afraid i dont quite understand it though!

i've put a rendering up at http://users.ox.ac.uk/~orie1226/rad/ again.
its called lantern_2.2.pic (or .jpg) using your suggestions for the .cal
file. it seems to go a bit strange though, making a sort of star pattern!

the idea seems right - that the brightness of a ray is dependant on the
angle to the normal of the source (rather than on the point it leaves
the source from, as i originally had), but i'm lost with the idea of a
square picture covering 20 degrees! what does this mean?

please could you also explin the bit of code you gave? particularly the
divisor, and why there is an offset. also, what does the DEGREE word do?
i guess its a constant - perhaps to convert deg -> radians?

thanks very much
will