[Radiance-general] lighting fixtures data

william reynolds william.reynolds at oriel.ox.ac.uk
Fri Mar 3 12:55:37 CET 2006

Hi there

I've been trawling the internet for a while now looking for ies data
files (or any other standard fot that matter) for theatrical lighting
instruments, with out any luck at all.

I've found lots of data architecturial lanterns, and lots for the actual
bulbs (from ge, osram etc)but these aren't very useful when you're
trying to light a theatre, with the lanterns that are available there.

The only best photometric data i've found is from ETC:

http://www.etcconnect.com/docs_downloads/datashts/S4_19_Deg_vD.pdf

where they give you a "Candlepower Distribution Curve" as well as field
and beam angles, but most places dont even give that.

I also have the problem that most of the lanterns i'm interested in are
focusable, and many are zoomable as well, so i need data at a couple of
focus/zoom settings (i can then interpolate between these).

Does anyone have any ies (or other useful format, or even radiance
format) files about any theatrical lanterns? ideally i'm after selecon
lanterns, but i would be happy with some generic data for the standard
lantern types:
-profiles (of various angles)
-fresnels
-pc's (less important)
prerferably data at a couple of focus settings, and data for 1kW and
500W lanterns.

I dont have access to the facilities to make my own measurements, and i
can't figure out how to use the data provided
(http://www.seleconlight.com/english/support/english/acclaim%20fresnel.pdf
for the selcon fresnel i'm particulary interested in) to estimate the
figures.

So if anyone can come up with any advice, or has any suggestions of
where I can get hold of this data it would be very much appreciated.
[I will be using the data in part of an undergraduate engineerig degree
project, and wont use anythign for any commercial purposes if it makes
any difference to anyone].

Thanks for your help everyone
will