[Radiance-general] coherent advice on running Radiance on win32

iebele info at iebele.nl
Wed Jun 28 10:16:50 CEST 2006

> But many of us have devised a workflow that allows a relatively smooth
> transition from the modeling side -- usually done on Windows systems
> -- to the rendering/calculation side, usually done on an OS X Mac or a
> Linux box and found the benefits to be worth the efforts.

Just to mention such a workflow that works fine:
We have Refelction-X running on the windows-os machines. This tool
allows us to open a shell using a variety of protocols on every
unix/linux/mac machine available on the network. Reflection X allows us
to intertface with Radiance and other unix tools/scripts using a native
shell/xterminal from the unix box (bash, csh, etc) on a Windows pc
(which runs 3d modelling, photoshop etc.). Reflection-X also allows rvu
being displayed on a windows machine. This workflow asks for at least
one 'radiance server' and a windows workstation. Reflection X is
commercial software, I bought it for a low price from 2nd hand, but it
is quite expensive new. There are other, cheaper comparable apps
available which I do not recall at the moment.

Cheers, Iebele