[Radiance-general] Luminance meter

Raquel Viula rviula at FosterandPartners.com
Mon Jun 26 13:01:30 CEST 2006

Dear all
I'm looking into buying a Luminance meter in order to carry out some light
measurements in urban open spaces. The ideia is to have some sort of
reference values in key open spaces of different configuration and surface
materials, that we can use as a basis to understand what the brightness
values we get in our simulated scenes actually mean in the real world.

I've been looking at Minolta LS100
(http://www.tequipment.net/MinoltaLS100.asp
<http://www.tequipment.net/MinoltaLS100.asp> ) with very greedy eyes. But
the price is quite high (more than £2,000 and as high as £3,000 in some
websites). I was wondering if this is the sort of price I should expect to
pay for a good meter or if there are others that will do the same job and
are less pricey? Would anyone suggest any other instruments?

Thanks in advance.
Raquel

Raquel Viula
Foster and Partners