[Radiance-general] Bounces

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Mon Jun 26 10:34:11 CEST 2006

Usually it helps to draw a section of the room.

Indirect component from sky - 1 bounce.
Interreflection in the tower (I guess you mean no SPECULAR reflection,
cannot ?magine non-reflective surfaces there) - 1 or two more bounces.
Now you want to consider that even the room's ceiling gets some light
from the tower, which is reflected by walls and floor (are there any
other openings to illuminate the room?), so add one or two.

All in all I get between 3 and 5 bounces. If you use rad and a rif file,
note that the quality setting influences the ambient bounces calculated.

BTW, if you use an illum surface, you will need far less. How important
is it to get "nice" pictures in your case?

CU Lars.