[Radiance-general] Illums Causing Shadows

Marcus Jacobs marcdevon at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 30 17:28:25 CEST 2006

Dear Group

I am attempting to use illums in conjunction with translucent light fixtures
in order to produce smoother renderings. One problem that I am having is
that the illums themselves are causing shadows (see here)

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d178/marcdevon/room7a_day_Camera07_day_pcyl_tr3.jpg

For the wall fixture, you can see the shadow of the spherical illum. I am
using a void material for the illum so it's invisible to the eye but
obviously not invisible to shadow rays. Is there any work around for this?

Thanks

Marcus