[Radiance-general] gensky question

Chris Foster chris.foster at npl.co.uk
Tue Jul 25 10:29:31 CEST 2006

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your help. The angles thing has sorted itself out now. I thought i read somewhere that east of south was positive, but obviously not! From my results it makes sense if it were your way.

I near enough did what you recommended already, but i dont think i clarified what i wanted judging by your response.

>>If I understand you right you want a material with 100 % diffuse transmittance.

I am after a material with 100% diffuse reflectance

My material,reflector.rad

void plastic reflector_mat
0
0
5 1 1 1 0 0

reflector_mat ring reflector
0
0
8 0 0 0
  0 -1 0
  5 0

An example of one of my xforms,

!xform -n reflector -t 0 0 10 -rz 38 -rx -48.8 reflector.rad

These angles are following the azimuth and altitude of the sun, i used rz and rx because of the way my ring was made. I have made my plastic material with a 0,0 spec and roughness value to get a perflectly reflecting diffuse surface (r,g,b are 1,1,1). Im now aim to look directly at my surface and measure the luminance from it.

There isnt really a question in this email, just thought id reply to yours, thanks for your help!

Chris

privileged material; it is for the intended addressee(s) only.
If you are not a named addressee, you must not use, retain or
disclose such information.

NPL Management Ltd cannot guarantee that the e-mail or any
attachments are free from viruses.

NPL Management Ltd. Registered in England and Wales. No: 2937881
Registered Office: Serco House, 16 Bartley Wood Business Park,
                   Hook, Hampshire, United Kingdom  RG27 9UY