[Radiance-general] rad and/or mgf to 3ds/dxf

Bleicher, Thomas T-Bleicher at bdp.co.uk
Mon Jul 24 20:57:13 CEST 2006

Hi Christiano.

If you have only the geometry you want in one or more
files then you don't need to read them into a modeller to
use them in Radiance. Just create a triangular marker in
your modeller and use !replmarks to replace it with
the contents of the file.

If you know where this file will be in your new project
you could use "!xform" as well. But this requires that
you have to work out position and rotation before.

If it's not urgent for you you can also wait until I am motivated
to include my old scene file parses in my Blender interface.
Blender has a 3ds exporter but I don't know much about the
quality of the files it creates. And your geometry should only
be triangles or my scripts would ignore it.

For now I'd look into xform or replmarks.

Thomas

  _____