[Radiance-general] evalglare

Jan Wienold jan.wienold at ise.fraunhofer.de
Fri Jan 27 20:13:55 CET 2006

Hi Martin,

oh yes, there seems to be an error in the calculation of the VCP.
I have to admid, that I have used evalglare only for daylight situations
yet. So I've used only DGI, CGI and DGP yet, although I've implemented
other indicees, too.
As soon as I return from my ski holidays (in about a week), I'll check that.

Jan

Martin Moeck wrote:

>I ran evalglare and found a VCP of 307 and a UGR of 26. According to p. 3-31 in the IESNA handbook, a UGR of 26 corresponds to a VCP of <=40.
>
>VCP = Visual Comfort Probability = bound between 0 and 100%. Can you please check your VCP calculation/algorithm?
>
>Thanks
>
>Martin

Dipl.-Ing. Jan Wienold
Project Manager
Fraunhofer-Institut für Solare Energiesysteme
Thermal Systems and Buildings, Lighting and Daylighting
Heidenhofstr. 2, 79110 Freiburg, Germany
Phone: +49(0)761 4588 5133 Fax:+49(0)761 4588 9133
jan.wienold at ise.fraunhofer.de
http://www.ise.fraunhofer.de

In office:
Mo,Tue: 9:00-18:00