[Radiance-general] splitting a render by light sources

william reynolds william.reynolds at oriel.ox.ac.uk
Sat Jan 14 16:23:12 CET 2006

hi there
i'm fairly new to the radiance package, and to rendering in general, but
i have a fairly specific project on the go, with which i need some help.

i am trying to use radiance to render a relatively simple model
geometrically - just a simple room, with a box sitting on the floor -
but with up to 100 or so light sources. but the difference is that i
want to get a separte image file for each light source - i.e.  hundred
or so images, with only 1 light on in each. i will then use
superposition and recombine the images later, allowing me to vary the
intensities of each light source.

is there any kind of built in functionality in radiance to allow me to
do this, or do i have to write a shell script or something (and if so,
can anyone point me towards a good place to learn how! i come from a
very winndows based background)

thanks for your help
will