[Radiance-general] Sunlight through glass

giulio antonutto giulio.antonutto at arup.com
Wed Jan 18 14:46:56 CET 2006

About MR history and current situation (
http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10185).
Well the whole thing started a while ago when the promised and sold the
certainty to get a finished software for a certain time (last September).
This did not happened (they are still speaking of final candidate version
RC0.5 and so on).
The software is not yet finished (it is not version 1.0).
Not yet implemented on all the platform where was supposed to run (on Mac is
still beta although they promised something in the next Œ24¹ hours) and
doesn¹t support all the plug-ins for 3d application that are indicated on
the web page.
This doesn¹t sound so appealing to me as well and I would understand
somebody delusion about the matter.

Having said that, I also need to add that I requested (as other friends did)
details about the physical accuracy of the renderer.
I never got an answer.
Is it itself an answer?
G.

PS these are my personal opinions.