[Radiance-general] MacBook Pro - Apple and Intel

Kirk Thibault kthibault at biomechanicsinc.com
Wed Jan 11 16:30:23 CET 2006

Greg - thanks for the explanation and your dedication to staying
ahead of the curve and supporting all of the RADIANCE user communities.

 From what I read leading up to this release, it was clear that Apple
wanted to finally move its laptops to the next level, hence the Intel
chipset.  I have a feeling that, as with most things Apple, there
will be issues - but the Apple faithful (me included) are willing to
be beta testers and see the bugginess as a badge of honor in some
convoluted way (paying money to be a beta tester will do that to your
rationalizing psyche I suppose).  It is weird to mention Apple and
Intel as complements, but I think all Mac users (again, me included)
realize Apple's shortcomings, even if we tend to defend the brand to
the death.

As Rob said:

> Dual core laptop?  Yes, please...

I imagine that a 17" version of the Intel dual core laptop can;t be
far behind, given the performance-oriented, graphics-driven market
the new platform will benefit.....  Wouldn't it be interesting if
Apple offered a 17" HDR display laptop someday? [wink]

Kirk L. Thibault, Ph.D.
kthibault at biomechanicsinc.com

p.  215.271.7720
f.   215.271.7740