[Radiance-general] MacBook Pro Report

Rob Guglielmetti rpg at rumblestrip.org
Tue Feb 28 21:08:49 CET 2006

Thomas Bleicher wrote:

> On 28.02.2006, at 18:24, Greg Ward wrote:
>
>> Beware -- the -fast option may compile fine, but the binaries on the
>> PowerPC have been notoriously faulty.  Render with caution...
>

> I started with "-fast" and got solid black images with rpict. Then I
> removed some of the options, recompiled, tested and added all of them
> back again except for "-malign-natural". I hope for Rob that this will
> not be a problem on Intel CPUs.

I just rendered a few images from the cabin scene in the radiance
distribution, and everything looked ok.  Greg, what are some other
things to look out for?  Are there some scenes or calcs I can do to test
that the -fast option didn't introduce any problems?  As far as I can
tell, rpict is happy.

>> If you use tee, be sure to redirect standard error to it as well,
>> using |& in the C-shell or 1>&2 in bash (I think).

Thanks for the file...save tip.  I didn't realize that would save the
entire session.