[Radiance-general] Radiance under Mac

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at arcor.de
Wed Feb 8 22:25:11 CET 2006

On 08.02.2006, at 21:02, Reinhart, Christoph wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> John, you will like to hear this. One of our Postdocs bought a Mac Box
> and I am trying to install Radiance on it. At first I had trouble
> compiling Radiance since no ggc was on it. So I installed the gcc
> package. Now, it keeps on complaining that it does not find the
> standard
> libraries such as studio.h. Would anybody know off-hand which packages
> need to be installed on the Mac so that Radiance compiles?

What version of Mac OS is installed? I suppose it's OS X and it's
a more recent version (10.3 or 10.4).

You should install the XCode 2 application "bundle" (probably on
the second DVD or via download from Apple). I don't remember
installing any additional software for compiling Radiance.

> Also, when I use the pre-installed binaries, 'ximage' is missing the
> file /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.6.dylib. Which package do I need to get
> that
> running?

OS X does not need an X11 server. It's not installed by default.
I use the one bundled with OS X (on the first DVD, you have to
select it manually). IIRC you can use another X11 server like
X.org as well. I wouldn't bother, though.

Before you start rvu or any other X11 application you have to
start the server first or the app will not find a server to
connect to.

> Christoph
>
> PS: Windows forever:)

Jehova, Jehova ...