[Radiance-general] calculation weirdness

Mark de la Fuente MdelaFuente at wmtao.com
Thu Aug 3 01:26:20 CEST 2006

Greg,

I really appreciate you looking into this.  I was going to drop the -ds
parameter all together, confident with my AGI/Radiance check!

The light fixture in question is a sportslighting fixture for a hockey
rink.  There will be 200+ fixtures all aimed at slightly different
spots.  The fixtures as you mentioned have a very strong but also very
narrow distribution in one axis.  It sounds like I need to run a -ds
convergence checker at 100' to see what the largest value possible
should be to get accurate results.  (I typically do this for the ab
parameter only and just settle on some of the others based on rad's
output)

Does the size of the scene affect the -ds parameter?  My final scene
will be a large stadium.

Given this distribution, how will having an illum at each fixture
help/hurt renderings or point-by-point calculations?

Thank you for your guidance.

Mark