[Radiance-general] Windows enabled Radiance

Abubakar Salisu arcsalisu at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 27 22:08:24 CEST 2005

Dear All,

Good day everyone! I am new to Radiance and I want to use this wonderfull software for my Phd in Architecture which involves a lot of simulation.Unfortunately I am aWindows user without time to learn Linux or Unix from scratch.I have looked at the different forms of the windows versions like Desktop radiance, but I discovered on some site that it is for "less serious" scientists. Is that true?Also I have been advised to use either CYGWIN or a CD-rom version from ftp://luminance.londonmet.ac.uk/learnix/
I may not be able to use cygwin 'cos it does not have resume and being in a developing country where electric power supply is not guaranteed, this is aproblem. Also the learnix version too does not have a resume capability(using DAP) variety  for download. Pls I need some advice on what to do.

A big thanks to everyone and more grease to everyone's elbows!!!

Abubakar Salisu