[Radiance-general] adding color pattern

Fitzsimmons, Rob Rob.Fitzsimmons at Summit.Fiserv.com
Tue Sep 27 18:27:01 CEST 2005

 I'm not a mathmatical type, so I can't advise you on a cal file, though I'm
sure there's a way.

But you could use a 2 color pic file and project it on sideways.. say 7/8 is
red and 1/8 is white.  That should give you a white circle on a red ball.
Give the pic enough resolution so the color boundary is crisp.
 You'll have to make it an octree and use it as an instance if you want to
move it randomly.

HTH
Rob F

-----Original Message-----
From: bei.xiao at gmail.com
To: radiance-general at radiance-online.org
Sent: 9/26/2005 4:41 PM
Subject: [Radiance-general] adding color pattern

hi,
  I want to generate a pool-ball like object. Basically, instead of
having a uniform colored object, I want to add some other color to the
object but the object is made of uniform material. Can I generate a
.cal file and directly manipulate the color at specific location using
local coordinates and use colorFunc to add the pattern? It sounds
trival to do but I m having trouble generating it right. Thank you
very much.

--
always on full sail during high tides