[Radiance-general] Obtaining RGB output data

alira at gsd.harvard.edu alira at gsd.harvard.edu
Fri Sep 9 00:19:48 CEST 2005

Hi Alexa!

Thanks for responding my email. I've been `playing´ with the "pvalue"
command and I assume I obtain the x-y position of the pixel of any picture
and the R, G, and B value of that pixle. You told me in your e-mail that
is up to me how I interpret this RGB data. When I use the pvalue I obtain
data like this (for example):

   xposition     y position      R            G              B

      345            240       7.495e-02    7.495e-02     3.495e-02

However, which type of units are this? Are there no units at all? Is this
illuminance? Also, in most of my pixels, the R,G, and B data is the same,
i.e, 7.495e-02 in the three (RGB). Does this means that that pixel has a
neutral color?

Thanks for your help,

Adriana