[Radiance-general] rtcontrib

Santiago Torres tiago at tkh.att.ne.jp
Sun Oct 30 23:21:32 CET 2005

Hello,

I've been trying to use daylight coefficients with rtcontrib and I
have a couple of questions.
I made images with the contribution of each sky patch, but the images
look quite noisy, and if I combine them I don`t get the same as if I
was rendering the scene altogether.
The command I used is like this:

vwrays -ff -x 500 -y 500 -vf vint.vf | rtcontrib -ffc `vwrays -d -x
500 -y 500 -vf vint.vf` -ab 5 -ad 2048 -as 1024 -b tbin -o c_%d.pic -
m skyglow -f tregenza_h.cal scene.oct

If necessary I can post some images, but probably it`s something
obvious I`m missing here...

My second question is regarding the calculation of model skies (like
Perez) with the rtcontrib results. Perez sky gives the luminance
value at a certain point, but I guess in order to multiply the
contribution of a certain section of the sky, I need to integrate the
luminance values inside that section. Is this correct? Can anyone
point me to any reference where this might be explained more? Any
ideas about how to implement this in a script?
Thank you in advance. Best regards,

Santiago