[Radiance-general] wintel binaries

Georg Mischler schorsch at schorsch.com
Fri Oct 14 11:08:47 CEST 2005

Rob Guglielmetti wrote:

> Francesco Anselmo wrote:
> >
> >and think we all need to thank both Greg for keeping adding new features
> >to Radiance, Georg for having set up Scons and fixed all the windows
> >compatibility issues

Unfortunately, some of the big obstacles are still around.
Just because things compile doesn't necessarily mean they will
also work the same way on Windows.

>   (Hey Schorsch, could these binaries be "dropped in" to
> an existing Rayfront installation?)

You'll have to check the release notes. Several programs have seen
incompatible changes in the effects of certain arguments, and even
more of them have changed their default behaviour.

You'd have to make a systematic comparison to decide which ones
are "save enough" to just replace the old versions.

-schorsch

--
Georg Mischler  --  simulations developer  --  schorsch at schorsch com
+schorsch.com+  --  lighting design tools  --  http://www.schorsch.com/