[Radiance-general] mkillum with 400 sources?

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Mon Oct 10 11:57:20 CEST 2005

Hi Greg,

thanks for your reply.  In fact, I am using surfaces not for each pane,
but for each opening now, so that is why I have "only" these 400 faces
;-) I tried reducing -ab, -ad and -as, but rendering times are *really*
slow now. I have all these zero-radiance illums (sealings), do they
have an effect on the rendering speed, even when zero?

You know the scene, it is this church scene I showed you, so it has a
lot of these small windows, and as the fenestration is rather complex,
I hoped that using illum "coffers" around the windows would improve
rendering speed as well as accuracy. However, so far the speed is
really disastrous. Outside the building, there is not much detail. I
even tried to apply skyfunc to the window panes, but as I have to apply
it to *every* small pane than (because I can't use the coffer trick to
integrate the whole window than), I get so many hundreds of light
sources that calculation is almost impossible.

TIA+CU Lars.