[Radiance-general] mkillum with 400 sources?

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 18:45:48 CEST 2005

Hi Lars,

Putting illum surfaces inside of your windows rather than using a
separate surface for each window pane is one way to reduce
calculation times if your mullions are not particularly large or
prominent.

All else being equal, you can reduce -ab by 1 and decrease -ad and -
as (by a factor of 2 or so) and even increase -aa by 50% and still
get similar results.  However, you may also have to set -dj .8 and -
ps 1, which will undermine the calculation speeds a bit.  Overall,
illum's pay off most when you have smaller windows or skylights and/
or complex goings on outside.

-Greg