[Radiance-general] How to model a desk top lamp?

Steen Traberg-Borup stb at sbi.dk
Wed Nov 30 15:27:50 CET 2005

Dear Radiance users!

How do one make a model of a desk top lamp using Radiance. I know the type of flourescent tube I want to use (lenght, diameter, Ra-value and lumen) , but I don't know the shape of the reflector yet. I want to optimize the reflector shape and the way it is mounted in relation to the flourescent tube and optionally generate an ISO-lux diagram for the work plane and also to generate an ISO-lux table for import in Excel.

I have browsed Radiance-Online for "luminaire" and "lamp" just to find out that modelling luminaires/lamps always start with using an IESNA candlepower file which I don't have. So where do I start?

Best regards,

Steen Traberg-Borup

Steen Traberg-Borup                   Phone:          +45 45865533
Danish Building Research Institute    Direct phone:   +45 45742380
Department of Health and Comfort      Fax:            +45 45867535
Dr. Neergaardsvej 15                  E-mail:           stb at sbi.dk
DK 2970 Horsholm                      URL:       http://www.sbi.dk
Denmark