[Radiance-general] mkillum parameters

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 00:58:03 CET 2005

Hi Marija,

I missed this e-mail, but I guess everyone else did, too....

The compamb script only computes the ambient value for rpict and rvu
in rad, not mkillum.  To get this, you are best off using the value
given by gensky (assuming you're using gensky).  For example, "gensky
8 10 15" spits out:

# gensky 8 10 15
# Local solar time: 14.77
# Solar altitude and azimuth: 47.3 70.4
# Ground ambient level: 18.1
(etc.)

For exterior calculations including mkillum, -av 18.1 18.1 18.1 would
be appropriate.

As to the rest of the mkillum parameters, you have to think about how
many bounces are important and set this yourself.  Rad is not smart
enough to figure it out (and neither am I unless I know your geometry).

-Greg