[Radiance-general] mkillum parameters

Marija Cvetkovic cveleglg at bankerinter.net
Tue Nov 22 14:21:46 CET 2005

Hi,
I am trying to use mkillum program, for window definition, from rad. If I
understood well I should have 2 lines in .rif file: illum and mkillum.

-illum line
Should the file defined in this line contain both glazing material and
surface definition or it can contain only one of them?

-mkillum line parameters:
-ab 2 - I suppose this is enough since the environment is clear (no
obstructions)
-as and -ad can be the default for rtrace
-av - What exactly represents this -av value for mkillum?   How could I
compute it?  Would the calculation be accurate if this is 0?

I am simulating simple room with a window on the South wall.

If I run compamb with rif file containing this mkillum, would it use the
illum material data? I am asking this because in the book it said that rad
would take care for all changes in illum files, but I am not sure if compamb
would do that too.

Thanks,
Marija