[Radiance-general] -ae with alias modifiers?

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Tue May 24 20:39:33 CEST 2005

Hi!

Can I use -ae of rpict with an alias modifier? I have two layers of
modifiers here, one by object type, one by material. So e.g. I have a
bunch of objects that get modified by "marble_edgings", and later, I
use "void alias marble_edgings marble_grey_1" to assign these objects
their actual material. Now I want to exclude them from the ambient
calculation (as you can see by the name, these edgings are not really
important, they are small-surface objects). Can I use -ae
marble_edgings, which is the alias, or do I have to use -ae
marble_grey_1, which is the (plastic) modifier?

TIA+CU, Lars.

(Yes, I tried with rvu, but didn't notice a big difference, that's why
I have to ask now ;-)