[Radiance-general] light probe of objects on a table

Tarik Rahman tarik.rahman at ed.ac.uk
Mon May 23 16:44:31 CEST 2005

Hi there

I'm trying to create a light probe similar to Debevec's Rendering synthetic
objects into real scenes and using the corresponding points in HDR shop I
create the resulting probe following instructions on
http://www.ict.usc.edu/graphics/HDRShop/tutorial/tutorial5.html

Taking a closeup orthographic projection photo of the probe and then another at
90 degrees rotated about the probe I match points and blend images using the
formula with the given image mask. In the result I get 2 of everything, objects
& light sources. I must be doing something wrong. Is it something to do with
selecting the right points, or the positioning of the probe?

Thanks for any help

Tarik
--
Tarik Rahman
PhD student, Institute of Perception, Action and Behaviour