[Radiance-general] time need independent from number of faces?

Despina Michael despina_m81 at hotmail.com
Mon May 16 21:08:08 CEST 2005

Hi all,
I have a question about time needed to illumintate scene in radiance?

I modeled a simple cube, but i created many models of that with different number of polygons.
The simples cube has 12 polygons (6 faces) and the most complex has about 5000 polygons.

For all different models that represent exactly the same cube, it tooks about 4 minutes to be illuminated (leaving all other parameters the same).

Why is that? Does this make sense?

Thank you!
Despina