[Radiance-general] oconv -r and obj2mesh -r parameter?

Lars Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Mon May 16 14:51:39 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have a question regarding the obj2mesh tool. So far I always used
instances generated by oconv, and the -r setting was always the one that I
also used when assembling the whole scene (the same with -n). Now I use
obj2mesh, and a question comes to my mind. If I follow the rule -r >
bounding cube / smallest face, I can use a much smaller -r for obj2mesh then
for the finally assembling oconv. However, does that make sense? Or will I
produce trouble with differing resolution settings for instances, meshes and
the complete scene?

The reason for my question is that the model I am working on is currently
growing a lot, and I a getting trouble with really large oconv processes
when assembling the scene ( > 1 GB) or, when using the -n parameter, slow
renderings...

TIA+CU Lars.