[Radiance-general] lighting per pixel or per face?

Despina Michael despina_m81 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 23 22:45:11 CET 2005

Hi there!

I am wondering whether radiance make per pixel computations for lighting or it just make computations per face (triangle/surface)

I have tried to illuminate a cylinder with a light probe.
If you look at resulted image, you can distinguish the faces/divisions from which cylinder model is made of.

You can see the result in jpg here
http://www2.cs.ucy.ac.cy/~cs99dm1/resultRadiance.jpg
The problem that I tried to explain in the previous paragraph is there where red arrows show. (I added arrows manually)

Is there a way to make the lighting smoother in area  where red arrows show?

I used this to take the result:
rpict -x 600 -y 600 -t 30 -ab 2 -ar 10000 -aa 1.0 -ad 2048 -as 1024 -st 0 -sj 1 -lw 0 -lr 8 -vf camera.vp thermos12_base.oct > res.hdr

Thanks,
Despina