[Radiance-general] RE: Luminaire octree

Rob Guglielmetti rpg at rumblestrip.org
Thu Jun 23 21:19:35 CEST 2005

On Thu, June 23, 2005 2:49 pm, Georg Mischler said:
> Zack Rogers wrote:
>
>> The "luminaire/hessamerica+++ca45-71r+++6500.rfl" file is basically the
>> output of ies2rad (rayfrontized) for a single ies file.
>
> In the standard case, Rayfront will automate all this for you,
> including the decision whether to use xform or instances for
> the geometry.  Just that each of your 4 elements must be treated
> as a seperate luminaire, by actually placing 4 markers instead of
> just one.
>
> But then, I'm not sure which surface in your example is supposed
> to serve as an emitter, so it may be too tricky for the builtin
> mechanism to handle it correctly. Is that the reason why you're
> trying the manual approach?

The underside of the curved panel is the emitter. I actually used this
fixture on a museum project a while ago.  Zack, you mention that you have
a bounding box for the illum, but you don't mention that you have applied
lboxcorr.  Perhaps this is causing problems?  Honestly, I haven't use
bounding illums (yet), but I remember reading that this correction must be
applied to non-spherical illum boundaries...

--
Rob Guglielmetti
www.rumblestrip.org