[Radiance-general] RE: Luminaire octree

Georg Mischler schorsch at schorsch.com
Thu Jun 23 20:49:26 CEST 2005

Zack Rogers wrote:

> The "luminaire/hessamerica+++ca45-71r+++6500.rfl" file is basically the
> output of ies2rad (rayfrontized) for a single ies file.

In the standard case, Rayfront will automate all this for you,
including the decision whether to use xform or instances for
the geometry.  Just that each of your 4 elements must be treated
as a seperate luminaire, by actually placing 4 markers instead of
just one.

But then, I'm not sure which surface in your example is supposed
to serve as an emitter, so it may be too tricky for the builtin
mechanism to handle it correctly. Is that the reason why you're
trying the manual approach?

-schorsch

--
Georg Mischler  --  simulations developer  --  schorsch at schorsch com
+schorsch.com+  --  lighting design tools  --  http://www.schorsch.com/