[Radiance-general] RE: Luminaire octree

Zack Rogers zrogers at archenergy.com
Thu Jun 23 18:05:12 CEST 2005

I have 4 IES files applied to each luminaire octree I want to create,
which I think is adding complexity to this issue.  I have tried what I
think is basically the work-around method outlined.  I am testing it
with this rad file:

### test_oct.rad
void                  alias  l_room                grey_090
!xform scene/l_room.rad

!replmarks -x parts/campo_full.rad l_test_oct scene/l_test_oct.rad
### end file

which refers to
### campo_full.rad
void                  alias  l_reflector           grey_090
!xform scene/l_reflector.rad

void                  alias  l_metal               stainless_steel
!xform scene/l_metal.rad

void                  alias  l_glow                campo_glow
!xform scene/l_glow.rad

!replmarks -x luminaire/hessamerica+++ca45-71r+++6500.rfl l_ies
scene/l_ies.rad
### end file

The "luminaire/hessamerica+++ca45-71r+++6500.rfl" file is basically the
output of ies2rad (rayfrontized) for a single ies file.  Since I have 4
of these, and the default ies2rad output is a box centered around the
origin, i have this extra replmarks (which has used -x all along) to put
these 4 distributions in place relative to the luminaire goemetry (
which is described by the xformed rad files rather than an instanced
octree -- does this matter)

I still am getting no light. in my test_oct.rad scene description.  What
am I still missing?  The only octree being made is the final scene
octree for "test_oct.rad".

This url shows a low-quality rendering of the fixture I am dealing with:
http://www.archenergy.com/services/sda/tools/campo/

Thanks!
Zack

--