[Radiance-general] Modeling Challenge

Mark de la Fuente MdelaFuente at wmtao.com
Mon Jun 20 03:31:23 CEST 2005

Greg, thanks for the link.. Never actually used a BRTDfunc so I will have to look at that more closely.

Anyway, I went ahead tried to put a couple of cal files together since only one of our computers could handle the 3D grid despite my efforts, and got lucky with this one.  It seems to work great even though I'm not completely sure what the mod function is really doing.

Thanks for responding.

Mark de la Fuente

grid.cal

{
 The cal file for a "wire" mesh consisting of vertical cables holding up horizontal rods.
 This file could really be used to make any pladlike combination of two materials.
 The file is written around vertical surfaces.  If a horizontal grid  or some other orientation is desired, xform the material or modify the cal file.

 A1 = Width of vertical members
 A2 = Vertical member on center spacing
 A3 = Horizontal member
 A4 = Horizontal member on center spacing

 An example of how this would be used to cut rectangular holes out of a wall:

 void plastic wall
 0
 0
 5 .5 .5 .5 0 0

 void mixfunc grid_wallx
 4 void wall grid_x grid.cal
 0
 4 .1 .5 .05 1

 grid_wallx polygon box.1540
 0
 0
 12 ...

}

grid_x = if( f_grid_x, 1, 0 );
grid_y = if( f_grid_y, 1, 0 );

f_grid_x = and( grid_vert, grid_horiz(Px) ) ;
f_grid_y = and( grid_vert, grid_horiz(Py) ) ;

grid_vert = mod(Pz,A2) - A1 ;
grid_horiz(rod) = mod(rod,A4) - A3;

Message: 2