[Radiance-general] RE: Radiance-general Digest, Vol 17, Issue 16

Jack de Valpine jedev at visarc.com
Tue Jul 19 17:56:02 CEST 2005

Hi Jelle,

Yes, I think that there are few different strategies for workflow that
different people/groups on this list employ. I know that everyone has
their reasons and preferences. We employ our own strategy and tools for
workflow management.

I think that some of the real strengths of radiance are more built into
the ability to perform what I would term "technical" or "performance
simulations" focused on material and/or lighting performance. Most of
our work though tends to be more about making nice pictures of
architecture. For better or worse there are a lot of very powerful
off-the-shelf rendering/animation packages that are awfully good at
making nice pictures. So from some standpoints, unless the client is
after a performance simulation, they really do not care about the
technology. So perhaps one of the strenghts that you may have in your
services is in fact your workflow and method of working with your
clients to accomplish their objectives.

Just my thoughts offered for discussion.

-Jack