[Radiance-general] rewrite BRDF as .cal file for plasfunc

Katja Doerschner katja.doerschner at nyu.edu
Mon Jul 18 17:26:40 CEST 2005

I sent this message earlier - but I think it may have gotten lost. I
apologize if you receive it twice!

Hello,

Has anyone an example of how to write a .cal function for plasfunc,
for a given BRDF?
Specifically, I am not sure which predefined variables correspond to
the view direction vector.

This is the BRDF I want to use in Radiance:
V(i,j,n,a)=(1/PI)*(a/(a+(i dot n)(j dot n))
:i is unit vector from the source direction, j is unit vector of view
direction, n is surface normal, a some other parameter.

I know the Radiance-predefined variable names for the source direction
(x,y,z) and surface normal (Nx,Ny,Nz), but I am not sure what to use
for the view direction.

Can anyone help?
Thank you!
katja