[Radiance-general] Colorpict and Colorfunc

Marcus Jacobs marcdevon at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 16 14:20:12 CEST 2005

Dear group

I have a question about using colorpict and colorfunc in conjuction with
each other. What I wish to do is to be able to alter/shift the color of a
texture map within a render. I could probably do this is colorpict alone but
because I deal with so many faces (50 000 - 500 000), if I wanted to adjust
some of the input parameters for the function file, I would have to change
the values during a re-export with my Radiance conversion program. This can
be a time consuming process to re-export and recompile the scene in order to
tweak some parameters. Ideally what would happen is that I would pass the
color returned by colorpict to colorfunc, where my function file would then
alter the color in accordance with my input parameters. From there, I would
pass the altered color returned by colorfunc to a plastc, plastic2, metal,
etc. material. I would only have one colorfunc (unlike the thousands of
colorpicts) so I can adjust the parameters manually during the test
rendering phase. Is this possible?

Marcus